PARK + RIDE AT HORNTON GROUNDS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARK & RIDE AND OVERNIGHT EQUESTRIAN LIVERY
These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) apply to the hire by any person, company or other entity (the “Hirer”, you”, “your”) of an equestrian base with a jumping paddock and 7 miles of off road hacking, access to bridleways and all associated facilities (the “Venue”) owned and/or operated by Mr and Mrs Vint (“we”, “us”, “our”) for uses including but not limited to horse riding, hacking, jumping, training, clinics, and all associated activities (“Activities”).
You may also hire a stable for a short period at the Venue; the Venue will provide safe stabling with sufficient ventilation and drainage; fresh water (via automatic water dispensers in the stables), hay and basic wood pellet bedding; provision of turnout (where weather conditions are suitable and at our sole discretion (“Livery”).
By booking and/or attending the Venue, you are deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms. If you are hiring the venue for a third party (and not a child under 18) to ride at the Venue, or use the venue as a start point to hack from, you undertake to provide a copy of these Terms to them.
All riders (if not the Hirer) must sign (or their parent / guardian if they are under 18) and return the waiver form before riding at the Venue. However, by attending and riding at the Venue, the individual riding is deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms. A Copy of these Terms are displayed at the Venue and on our website.
Riding at the Venue
1. Subject to you paying us the agreed fee to hire the Venue and complying with all other provisions of these Terms, we hereby grant you the non-exclusive, non-transferrable personal licence to enter and use the designated areas of the Venue (excluding any areas notified by us from time to time) for the purposes of the agreed Activities only during the agreed hire period. We retain control, possession and management of the Venue and you have no right to exclude us from the Venue.
2. If you are booking the venue as a day base to hack from, the stable fee will be taken upon making of the booking which is non-refundable. You may pay all agreed fees by either, PayPal, bank transfer, debit or credit card, or by such other method of payment as we may agree. All sums due to us shall be made in full, free of any withholding, deduction, set-off or counterclaim.
3. You should not arrive at the Venue before 2pm or stay after 9pm without written permission from us in advance e.g. for competition preparation.
4. Riding and activities, such as jumping and hacking out, are potentially dangerous and can result in serious injury to your horse, you, people who are there to help you or observers. Hiring the Venue either for a base to hack out from, your own training or a clinic is done entirely at your own risk; you (on behalf of yourself and all riders and spectators) voluntarily accept the risk of injury or damage that is implicit when riding a horse. Save as set out in paragraph 5, we take no responsibility for any horse, rider, rider’s assistant(s) or observer(s) safety either whilst they are riding, handling horses, assisting or observing.
5. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors.
6. We do not insure any horse, tack, rider or observer; you must make your own insurance arrangements. It is strongly suggested that you should have third party liability insurance as a minimum for your horse.
7. You and all riders, individuals handling horses, assisting or observing must follow all instructions given by us or our representatives or on our behalf.
8. You undertake and shall procure that all of your staff, agents and / or contractors shall:
a) comply with any conditions imposed under the Safety of Sports Grounds Act 1975 by the police or any relevant authority and observe all applicable statutes, laws, legal licences and rules and regulations imposed by us relating to the use and occupation of the Venue from time to time including but not limited to the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and all other related statutory and regulatory requirements; and
b) not do anything which might invalidate any insurance and/or safety certificate maintained by us in respect of the Venue or which might increase the insurance premium payable in respect of the Venue.
9. All people hiring the facilities at the Venue must have their own insurance for the actives they are undertaking and indemnify against all direct loss, accident, damage, injury, claim, costs, demands, or expenses, howsoever caused to either horse, rider or observer(s).
10. All riders must bring someone with them if they are under 15 years old; riders should provide us on the day of hire of contact details in case of emergency before they ride. It is suggested that the rider informs a third party of their intended whereabouts and proposed time of return if hacking out and checks in with that person upon their return. It is also suggested that a mobile phone is carried in case of an emergency.
11. All riders when mounted MUST wear a hat (with the chin strap done up) to the current British Eventing standards; body protectors are highly recommended together with suitable clothing (including hi-vis) and footwear with defined heels.
12. All children 16 or under must be supervised by an adult at all times whether riding or on foot.
13. All Hirers must ensure that they comply with our guidelines and requests.
14. We reserve the right to cease any activity considered to be contrary to our Health and Safety Policies or unsafe.
15. Care is to be taken when riding along or over the public footpath which crosses the farm.
16. We can take no responsibility for the maps provided or the suitability or rideability of the bridle paths or hacks. Rider(s) should familiarise themselves with potential routes before setting off.
17. No horses are to be left unaccompanied tied up outside a horse box, lorry or outside any stable.
18. All horses using the facilities at the Venue must be accompanied by their passport and be fully vaccinated and wormed. We reserve the right to check all passports and turn horses away that do not have a passport or the necessary vaccinations and reserve the right to cancel the hire of the facility without rescheduling for another date.
19. The hirer must report any damage (howsoever caused) immediately by calling Graham Vint on 07797 750 585 and leaving a voicemail or texting if they are not able to talk with Mr Vint. The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the Venue or equipment and must pay the total amount required to make good any such damage, including labour and carriage fees except: (i) fair wear and tear; and (ii) damage caused by us or by our agents, servants and sub-contractors.
20. All horse boxes, lorries and cars must be parked in the designated parking area. Vehicles must be moved immediately if requested to do so by us or our representatives.
21. The Venue must be left how it was found and all gates must be closed at the Venue.
22. If a course is set up in the jumping paddock it is the rider (or the hirer if the rider is under 18)’s responsibility to ensure that the heights and distances are set to the rider and their horses’ abilities and requirements.
23. Riders (or the hirer if the rider is under 18) should familiarise themselves with any courses and only jump jumps for which the horse and rider are capable of, taking note of the ground conditions and potential hazards.
24. There is to be no lunging, other than in the lunging paddock, or riding without a bridle and saddle at the Venue.
25. All droppings must be removed from the venue into the provided wheelbarrow which will be removed by us.
26. When hacking at the venue, livestock and the crops should be respected at all times.
27. If you are booking your horse in for overnight accommodation a non-refundable fee of £25 will be taken at the time of booking. You must pay all agreed fees for the Livery before departure/checkout. All sums due to us shall be made in full, free of any withholding, deduction, set-off or counterclaim.
28. It is the Hirers responsibility to:
a) provide all hard feed for the horse; ensure that the horse’s stable is mucked out. The Venue provides all necessary tools to muck out the stable(s);
b) provide all necessary rugs, headcollar(s) and lead ropes;
c) provide and give all hard feed; and
d) give the horse adequate hay, the hay is supplied by the venue.
29. All Stables are to be mucked out before vacating the Venue and all used bedding left in the designated area.
30. There is to be no supplemental feeding (hay or hard feeds) in the fields.
31. You must follow all and any instruction and requests of us, or our representative(s).
32. All litter must be either taken home or, disposed of in the litter bins provided.
33. Dogs must be under control at all times at the Venue as there are children and livestock at the Venue.
34. There is to be no smoking a the Venue.
35. Due to circumstances beyond our control, it may be necessary to amend or cancel your booking. You will be offered the option to accept the change, or to receive a full refund of all sums paid for the affected booking. We accept no responsibility for any other costs that may be incurred by the hirer, or any other third party, as a result of the change.
36. Hirers must notify us of the proposed time of arrival, on the day of arrival.
37. If a hirer does not show up for a booking this will result in the booked session being lost with no refund.
38. You shall be responsible to us for and shall hold and keep us indemnified against all direct loss, damage, injury, claim, costs, demands, or expenses (but excluding any consequential loss and/or indirect loss and/or loss of profit) caused by your negligence or breach and/or default or that of your riders, spectators, participants, agents, employees at the Venue in connection with your undertakings, agreements, obligations, confirmations and/or responsibilities under these Terms and your responsibilities in respect of the Venue except to the extent that any such loss, damage, injury, claim, costs, demands, or expenses are caused by or contributed (to the extent of such contribution) to by us.
39. If you are not a consumer, the following limitations apply, subject to paragraph 5:
a) We shall not be liable for:
i) the death of, or injury to, you or your employees, contractors or any other guests or invitees to the Venue; or
ii) damage or theft of any property of you or that of your employees, contractors or other guests of invitees to the Venue.
b) Our total liability to you shall not exceed the hire fee.
c) The following types of loss are excluded:
i) loss of profits;
ii) loss of sales or business;
iii) loss of agreements or contracts;
iv) loss of anticipated savings;
v) loss of use or corruption of software, data or information;
vi) loss of or damage to goodwill; and
vii) indirect or consequential loss.
40. By confirming this booking, you acknowledge that you have read and agree with the Terms & Conditions of hire of the facilities at the Venue.
41. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
42. Failure by either party to exercise or enforce any right or obligation conferred by these Terms shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right or obligation nor operate so as to bar the exercise or enforcement thereof.
43. Neither party shall assign or sub-contract these Terms or any of its obligations under these Terms nor assign or sub-license any rights or benefits under it without receiving the written consent of the other.
44. The invalidity or partial invalidity of any provision of these Terms shall not prejudice or affect the remainder of these Terms which shall continue in full force and effect.
45. No variation of the terms hereof may take place save by way of a written document duly signed on behalf of both parties.
46. Should we have to instruct solicitors in relation to any dispute with the Hirer, you will be liable for our legal fees.
47. From time to time we may take photos and or videos of the Venue in use, for the purposes of marketing, promotional materials, sales and / or social media (for example Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other social media platform) for Hornton Grounds or any of our associated companies. You may withdraw your consent for us to use images of you and / or your horse at any time by emailing Catherine Vint on: firstname.lastname@example.org